May 30, 2013

Review: Gap's 2013 Slim Cropped Pants

*Updated*

I had been skimming through Gap and Banana Republic's websites sporadically for business-casual pants and white tailored blouses. The only items that caught my eyes were the Slim Cropped Pants under Gap's Premium Pant Collection. *Slim and cropped?* Even the name sounded perfect for someone petite like me! Better yet, it was as if I had hit jack-pot after reading that most reviews claimed they ran small and suggested to size up! When Gap recently ran their 30% off promo, I immediately ordered a khaki pair and this after seeing how well it looked on Wendy (also a fellow petite)! After using my reward credits, I paid about $11 for both. If interested, these pants are still available in 00P online!
those reward credits are finally put to good use :)

*For reference, I'm 4'11" and ~95 lbs.*

1) Slim Cropped Pant (00P; true black)
stock photo


Pros:
  • 25" inseam
  • no gap in the back - good fit for 24" waist
  • no bunchiness - look streamlined and fitted well through hip + thighs 
  • extended tab with hook + bar closure
  • easy stretch and breathable fabric (95% cotton + 5% spandex)
  • functional front slant pockets
  • true to color
  • machine washable
Cons: 
  • minimal bunching under tush and knees
  • unlined
  • material seems to be a lint magnet  + prone to wrinkles
  • faux back pockets
Verdict: Keep. I actually like the fit of this pair better than my Marisa Slim Ankle Pants as it has a slim leg opening and more of a modern cut to it. I'd recommend this pair to those similar in size or smaller than me. 

2) Slim Cropped Pant (00P; motorcross khaki)
stock photo

Pros:
  • 25" inseam
  • no gap in the back - good fit for 24" waist
  • fitted through hip + thighs
  • extended tab with hook + bar closure 
  • machine washable
Cons:
  • lots of bunching at crotch, thighs, and knees
  • unlined 
  • faux front and back pockets
  • fabric is made a little stiffer than the black pair above (98% cotton + 2% spandex)
  • lighter khaki color IRL than in stock photo
  • material seems to be a lint magnet + prone to wrinkles 

Verdict: Return. I originally placed my order because of this khaki pair. However, it fell short of expectation mainly due to the color and bunching at the crotch, thighs, and knees. 

Update: I'm not sure how these pants will hold up after several washes, but am expecting them to shrink a little considering they're made out of cotton and spandex. I also own an older version of Slim Cropped in 00R, and it didn't hold up well at all! I notice three major problems: hem becomes intact, material is very wrinkled and is a lint magnet.
Gap's 2011 Slim Cropped

No comments:

Post a Comment